You use Call API to make outbound calls from Nexmo virtual numbers to other phone numbers. You can:
- Create Call me buttons.
- Automate calls in your App.
- Manage event-prompted calls.
This section briefly explains the Call API workflow.
Call API workflow
To use Call API you:
- Create a Call using the request.
Note: if your VoiceXML triggers a transfer, you receive separate Call Return Parameters for each leg of the call.
- Receive a Response and check the Response codes to ensure that you sent the request to Nexmo correctly.
- Receive the Call Return Parameters at your webhook endpoint so you can see:
- If the Call Result was successful.
- When and how the call was made.
- How much the call cost.