For Text-To-Speech or Text-To-Speech Prompts, you use the text request parameter to control:
- The message delivered to your user.
- The pacing of your TTS.
To control the way this text is spoken:
- A comma (,) - introduces a small pause:
Please enter your activation code 9, 0, 9, 0, in the next 20 minutes.
- <break> - gives a longer pause. Set the time in seconds (s) or milliseconds (ms):
Please enter your activation code 9, 0, 9, 0, in <break time="1s"/>20 minutes.
- <prosody> - changes the speed of speech:
The price of XYZ is <prosody rate="-10%">$45</prosody>
- <audio> - play an audio file (.wav or .mp3) as a message:
You can include more than one audio tag in your message, the audio file MUST be a public URL.
- Combine audio and text:
<audio src="http://example.com/balance-greeting.mp3"> 145.89 <audio src="http://example.com/currency.mp3">
Note: Nexmo use both HEAD and GET methods to retrieve audio files, you must handle both. If Nexmo cannot retrieve all the audio files in your request within 5 seconds, a 3 response code is returned.